At B.C Mortgage Connection Corp. we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect. Part of the process of establishing trust and respect is telling you what information we will require from you. How this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- Our information handling practices;
- The reasons for these practices;
- Security steps in place to protect your information; and
- Your role in controlling your own personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
In order to provide you with our services, we may collect the following information from you:
- Contact and mailing information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
- Your date of birth;
- Your Social Insurance Number;
- Employment information, credit information, asset information and personal references;
- Information about the nature and financial situation of any company where you are a significant shareholder
- Insurance information;
- Municipal and legal descriptions for your property;
- Any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our services.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you for that information directly whenever possible and ensure that you agree to our collecting it.
Purposes of Collection
We will collect your personal information in order to:
- assess your needs and objectives;
- secure mortgage commitments on your behalf;
- obtain background information that must be submitted with mortgage applications such as credit reports, title searches and insurance information; and,
- answer your general questions about mortgages and the services we provide to you.
We will only collect the personal information we require to fulfill these purposes and no more.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to decide whether you wish to provide your personal information to us at the time we ask for it. As a result, after we have advised you of the personal information we require, and the purposes for which that information is being collected, we will have you complete a consent form which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of that information. When it is not possible to obtain your written consent, such as when we are dealing with each other over the telephone, we will obtain your oral consent.
We will record the purpose for which consent has been given by making a notation in your customer file or in our computer records.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at B.C. Mortgage Connection Corp. value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- Locking filing cabinets and areas where files are stored when no one is there;
- allowing only employees who need access to the storage areas or filing cabinets to have access to them;
- shredding papers containing personal information rather than placing them in a garbage can or recycling bin;
- training our employees so they know our privacy policies or rules for protecting personal information and the consequences of not following them;
- having employees take an oath of confidentiality;
- using screensavers so visitors to our office cannot see information on our computers;
- using firewalls and anti-virus programs on our computers;
- using passwords to make sure that only certain employees have access to information on computers and changing the passwords often;
- erasing computer hard-drives before we sell or otherwise dispose of them;
Updating and Retention of your Personal Information
B.C. Mortgage Connection Corp. will do its best to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and kept current. We will accomplish this by having one of our agent's contacts you to verify your personal information before any decisions are made or action is taken based on that information.
We will keep your information as long as is necessary to continue to meet your needs and any legal requirements we may have. However, once your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary. Also, if your personal information is incorrect, please notify us of the correct information.
You are entitled to access your personal information that is in our custody or under our control. It is our policy to provide customers with one complimentary copy of all their documents to keep in their own personal file upon request. If you require another copy of such information or further information, please contact Susan Pridham Sinn, B.C. Mortgage Connection Corp. Privacy Officer at (604) 924-9295 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a nominal fee may be charged based on the volume of information requested.
Questions and Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about the handling of your personal information, please contact Susan Pridham Sinn, B.C. Mortgage Connection Corp. Privacy Officer at (604) 924-9295 or email@example.com. Our representatives would be happy to assist you.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights please visit the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privcom.gc.ca.
- - - - - - - -
© 2017 BC Mortgage Connection Corp. All rights reserved.
Web development by scaffold and Checkmate Consulting